1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

perm-a-green spray nozzles clog and its a pain in the a-- to unclog

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Apr 15, 2002.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i am having a heck of a time with the perm a greens tee jet nozzles .
    i started to use the bottom two this season and it goes good for a wile and then they start to spit and spodder.i take them apart and clean them and it starts all over again....
    how do you perm-a-green owners deal with it.
  2. ant

i was just thinking;) the bottom nozzles have 2 rubber caps and two rubber sleaves...do you think it will work it i increased the leight of the bottom rubber sleave to keep the fine fert. dust?i think it is the venturi that is clogging...
  3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Mine clogged today at the last stop. I have not torn into it yet, I'll let you know if I find a good solution....BTW how many hours on your units? Are they holding up well?
  4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Try a cheese cloth as a filter when you are adding water. If that doesn't help then install an inline filter like a gas filter, it should help.
  5. ant

thanks guys for your replys...
    i looked into it and at this point it is the pump...i got perm a green working with me on it...
    the unit has 70 hrs. on it...thank god i got a back up unit....
    it payed off having a spare unit...

they tell me a lesco that they donot recomend sticker in the unit due to nozzles clog.
    jeff need help call me or e-mail me...