perm-a-green sprayer mounted on a spreader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ant, Sep 24, 2000.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

does anybody use the perm a green sprayer on a walkbehind spreader?
    if so what brand of chemicals do you that gave good results,and at wkat rate?
    anthony

2. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

I have used most everything that lesco sells. You need to messure off a distance and time yourself and you get a chart that tells you if it takes (X) time at 3/4 oz.pr gal. use (X) amount of chem. I avg. 6oz per gal. with most and get good results.

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

anthony,

I have put 5 of those unit together.

The new ones use 16oz solution/1000 sq. ft.

I've sprayed many different herbicides through it.

My favorites are Momentum (for small residentials) and custom blended 2,4-D & Confront. (For large residentials, condos and commercial sites.) Both at 1.3-1.5oz/1000.

4. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I run Momentum @ 7 oz./Gallon.

On a side note, I was having trouble with my batteries. THey would not take a charge. I have not run that much material through the system that was purchased in July of this year. I was getting very upset, having to double trip the lawns to spot spray. I thought that the bateries were defective. I was all set to call and complain to the company, when it hit me. There is an inline fuse in the charger, and yep, it was blown. $.25 solved the problem.

Lazer- What kind of battery life do you get out of them???

5. Lazer

I've not had the best of sucsess with those batteries.

Most are mounted on machines with a electric start.

I do have 2 mounted on POWER walk-behind spreaders, in which I have a lawn & garden battery mounted IN the fertilizer hopper.

These units do smaller lawns and we trickle-charge the batteries over each weekend.

6. jaclawn

That would be too much for a push unit, but I like the idea. Maybe a solar panel on the hopper cover? (grin)

7. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

lazer/jaclawn--- do you have to go over the property 2 times when spraying? do you find that a "sticker" helps?

8. jaclawn

I only go over the lawn once. Twice would be too much aI per M. I have not had the unit long enough and used it wnough to make a call on sticker.

9. Lazer

I use sticker.

10. jaclawn

How much sticker?