Perm Green making stripes?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ArchiesLawns, May 30, 2004.

1. ArchiesLawns

ArchiesLawns LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I have noticed on some of my bermuda lawns that I Have striped them. I always try to go counter clockwise, but sometimes I will go back and forth. I have my 3 holes adjusted to put out 5 lbs of material. Plus, I always throw back to the last wheel mark. Any suggestions or solutions on how to stop this if I continue to go back and forth?

Thanks,

Archie

2. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Are you striping on both patterns (back and forth and counter clock)?

3. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

First the obvious, did you check your pattern with boxes? I have had a problem with the deflector sliding down on its own. You may want to run over some bumpy ground then check and see if the deflector has slid down. Also make sure the spinner has no buildup on it.

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Yep, I'd check the spinner.... surprising how much that can screw things up for you.

5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Back the rate down and do your passes closer together. More over lap.

6. ArchiesLawns

ArchiesLawns LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Talked to John at Perm Green today and he told me this - if you are on the machine looking down at the hopper, that if the center hole is set (with Lesco gauge) at 20, your left hole should be 18 (2 numbers less than center hole) and your right hole should be 16 (4 numbers less than center). Does anyone know if this holds true?

We are going to recalibrate in the morning and see where we are at.

Thanks for any input!

Archie

7. williamslawn

williamslawn LawnSite Member
    from SC

Has anyone else been told this?

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I would think that it would depend on the material you're spreading. I suppose as a ballpark figure you could go with the (-2) and (-4) differential, but you should really just recalibrate and go off the measurements you get.