Perma green applications

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 57 Chevy, Feb 18, 2007.

1. 57 Chevy

57 Chevy LawnSite Member

I'm thinking of purchasing a pg but was wondering if the flowables and the wettable products stay suspended with this agitation system ? I guess Ireally have my reservations about it. If anybody could help out that would be great.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

As long as you mix short tanks. In other words, just make what you need...and don't let it sit in the tank for 2 days or something. While the wp's tend to be harder on the pumps, there are always other selections that can be made, and/or other means to apply them (backpack, etc.). As far as tayng suspended, it has always been my experience that the sloshing and splashing in the tahk (hard) when driving over ground AND going down the road is more than enough to keep the material suspended. Like I say,...as long as it doesn't just sit in there for 2 days straght. the ultimate best thing, is to spray it out...Otherwise, the nozzles DO have to be cleaned.

3. 57 Chevy

57 Chevy LawnSite Member

Joe Thanks for the input. One more ? for you. Doyou need to pre mix prior to filling the tank?

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yes....to be safe. I mean, you can shake the heck out of the machine - to mix it, but with wp's, or any type of dry, I recommend pre-mixing.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I am thinking about installing some kind of bypass agitation in my PG Ultra. Or maybe an electric propellor system.

6. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

seriously? PGs don't have ANY agitation? I can't hardly believe that for the price.. wow.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Well, actually they do. They have a bypass agitation. There is a steady circulation pouring back into the tank...even when the pump isn't spraying.

8. Seacoast

Seacoast LawnSite Member
    from Maine

How would you rig this up?

9. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Don't know about the Magnum. Actually on the PG Ultra the liquid does not recirculate unless the left switch is on and the electric pump is running--and you have to shut off both left and right nozzles, if you want to recirculate without spraying. And the liquid just squirts back in at the top right. I would like to see a tube drop down and a nozzle directed across the bottom of the tank. Get a vigorous swirling action like on a skid sprayer.

In my mind I would mount a switch and a small 12 volt electric motor (from a fan for instance) on the top of the tank. Drill a hole into tank. Use a coupling to attach a shaft with a paddle or propellor to move the solution. But...it would probably be difficult to seal the opening for the shaft against splashes and leaks. Somebody must make a suitable seal...somewhere.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's right....the pump DOES have to be running for the circulation to happen. My mistake...:rolleyes: