1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Perma Green carrying rack

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cat1, Mar 7, 2005.

1. cat1

cat1 LawnSite Member
    from wi

Just woundering if any one uses the Perma Green carrying rack? If so do you like it. I'm thinking of building one. Has anybody built one ? Any good picture of the carrying rack or tips.

Thanks in advance.
  2. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search..I think this was disucssed last week...
  3. cat1

cat1 LawnSite Member
    from wi

Yes I did a search first. I'm also looking for anyone who has made a carrier for any pics or any tips. Also a question about the pg ultra. If you have a weak battery does the engine have enough amp output to run the pump without losing any pressure or flow???

Thanks again
  4. ns400r

ns400r LawnSite Member

We use a rack from PG, Cost us $750 thru lesco, Im sure we could have had one made cheaper but oh well.

Works very well, I was very nervous at first with the machine hanging off the back of the truck, but no problems so far!
  5. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Hi cat1. We built one. We bought aluminum ramps from Northern Tool. Then we took the PG carrier diagram to a local welder.

They built the rest from steel utilizing the aluminum ramps. It cut down the weight big time.

The weight of the unit plus the weight of an all-steel carrier concerned local hitch dealers because it exceeds manufacturer specs. PG won't tell you that (especially if you have leftover fert in the hopper).

This is why we incorporated the aluminum ramps.

We currently have two carriers - one is a PG and one is our fabricated unit.

Problem: we forgot to tell the local welder to bend the shaft at a slightly upward angle to allow for the weight of the machine and bags of fertilizer loaded troward the back of the truck.. They built it straight instead.

We saved about $300. I'm having our welder tweak the carrier upward so it rides exactly hrizontal.

My advice: Have your local welder build one using as much aluminum as possible. It will be safer. You will have better piece of mind. You will also save money.

Best bet: Take him an actual PG rack so he see it. He'll know what to do.

Good luck.
  7. Jerry Andersen

Jerry Andersen LawnSite Member

check out www.b-btech.com $850 delivered. I have one for the hps and love it.