Perma Green lies and deception

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by trimmasters, May 7, 2002.

1. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

About two weeks ago I order a ride on spreader, carrying rack, and spreader spray kit from Permagreen. My ride on unit was delivered in about three days by CSX. At the time I ordered I was told I should receive the spreader spray kit a day or two after the main unit. Well two days latter, still no sprayer. I called and was told by Aaron they were waiting on parts and it would be shipped the next day overnight. Two days latter I called as it had not shown up, I was told it did ship and I should receive it that day. Next day still no show. Well, this continued for several days, and every time I called I was reassured by Aaron that it shipped and I should get it the next day, however he never was able to provide a tracking number. Well today (at least a week after the first day Aaron guaranteed I would receive it that day) I called to ask him what the heck was going on. Well Aaron was not in and I got some one else that told me they were still waiting on parts, and that Aaron had a problem about lying to people about stuff like this. And the guy I talked to figured Aaron gets away with this because he’s the bosses son. So I guess I’ll go wait some more. errrr

2. fireball

fireball LawnSite Member
    from ne Pa

a little honesty on their part would have prevented the disappointment in your expectations not to mention all the bad publicity on lawnsite.

3. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, it would have been fine if they just told me they didint have any and it would be a couple weeks, just dont lie to me and say it will be there tomrow every time i call.

Update: they most have magicly found one after i posted this because they called to let me know it would be here by noon tomrow. Will wait and see if it actualy shows up this time.

4. anthony

anthony Guest

i am not sticking up for perm-a-green, but they always were able to bale me out in a pinch. i know what its like to wait to recieve something that has not been shipped.just because one bad employee leeds you wrong it tends to leave a bad taste...
    hang in there ...you will need them...trust me i own two of those units...
    give tom a call he will get things right for you...good luck
    anthony

5. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

sorry- gotta throw this in- I had loads of trouble with mine and we had to fix it like 10 times. the sprayer never worked properly, we replaced the tank, they sent us a boat motor for agitation that did not work, pump went out twice, engine was giving us fits when we finally sent it back. many people love this machine and sing it's praises, but for me it was just a wonderful ride on spreader. Dav eg