Perma Green Magnum Owners

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ParkerLawn, Apr 26, 2006.

1. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I got my new Magnum home today and have been reading about coverage area isnt accurate. My question is if it is like the Ultra and you put 1.5oz per k coverage the ultra using 3 way was around 52 oz per 8 gallons to cover 34-36k. So if you put the same rate in Magnum at 75oz of 3 way per 12 gallons and you don't actually get 50k coverage out of it, are adjusting your mix rate? What are you guys actually seeing out of them and at what rate are you mixing to adjust? Thanks.
  2. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i have the ultra.. you need to do a test run and time it takes to travel in seconds, then look at the chart and find the time that matches yours. this time will corrispond with the amount of product per gal.. on mine, i use 5.14oz. per gal i.e. 40oz in my 8gal tank to get the 1.5oz per K labled rate.
  3. somo1

somo1 LawnSite Member

I have a Magnum and mix at 1.3oz. per k. I mixed at 1.5 and herb. burned my first lawn. The best thing to do is start out low and move up. The problem with timing your distance is terrain changes and therefore so does the application rate if your moving slower.
  4. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I found that using 32oz of trimec classic in 8 gal of water gets me great results on most weeds. I go heavier in the fall with a lot of clover.
  5. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i use trimec 992, triplet, and mec-d. i use 40oz in 8 gal in the spring and fall, and a little lower in the hotter months for spot spray. tried the lower amounts, just didn't get good resualts.