1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

perma green or any sort of boom sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Turfdoctor1, May 23, 2006.

1. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 8.5 acre contract for which I am not going to be able to drag the hose. If anyone is looking to sell a PG or Zspray or ATV with a boom or anything similar, I would be interested. I do not want to buy a $6000 piece of equipment for this one job, but have to have something.

For anybody that responded to my earlier thread about this contract, thanks for the help, and the bid did go through at $1600 an application.

Phone number: (479) 530-7001.

2. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

If the property is relatively flat and your money is low, how about attaching a boom to your truck, or borrow a four wheeler from someone.
  3. sclawndr

sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member

Can't you find any other use for a PermaGreen spreader than this one job? If not, you shouldn't have bid it. Invest in the right equipment and use it. Hooking a boom sprayer up to a quad just makes you look a hick who doesn't know what he's doing.
  4. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

A person does not look like a hick on an ATV with properly set up boom sprayer on a 8.5 acre job. He would on residential lawns.
  5. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks Martin,

I bid the job because i wanted to expand. And, yes I could use the PG on my residential properties. Right now I only have about 30 of those though, because I have just started this spring and have another full time job. but, did you see the pricetag of this job. I bid it at about $190 bucks an acre. I'm not going to turn that down, especially for a 3 year contract. My plan right now, unless I can find a good used piece of equipment is to borrow a 4 wheeler from a friend and take home about 1500 bucks an application. I'd say that makes me anything but a hick, but if a hick makes 200 bucks an hour and does a good job killing weeds and fertilizing grass, so be it.
  6. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Last year we bought a Wylie 55 gallon tow behind sprayer with a 14 foot boom. I know it would take a lot of refills, but I think we dropped 1200 on it. It was a good investment.
  7. lco broker

lco broker LawnSite Member

contact dan hill with trihill turf care in fort smith arkansas. he had a used perma-green for sale. his number is 479-782-0404.

Tell him Kevin refered you.
  8. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Wait a minute...you live in Chickendale? Oh, you are a hick anyway and using a 4 wheeler is no big deal....Ha!

What property is this job?
  9. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Used PG are a dime a dozen, just check out their site...
  10. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

Here ya go. Ever tried anything like this, or is it too hokey?

Attached Files: