Perma- Green or C & S Turf Tracer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Jul 6, 2001.

1. was interested in gettting one of these but don't know which is better or if they both suck

I have a lot of large places 3 to 37 acres

have been using a hose and made a sprayer mounted on a Lazer
    need to find the best way or if i have to make one my self
    please help?
  2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

The C&S ones are better.
    They better be! They cost double or triple what the Perma-Green costs. (Depending on which C&S you buy)

If you have some expertise in this area and have an available power unit, building your own may be the most cost-effective alternative.
  3. only one helping more help please:blob3:
  4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i have 2 perm-a-greens and do it part time and like the mechine. i donot know nothing about the c&s unit. i treat lawns from 3500 to 100,000 sf. with no problem. the only problem is that i getting fat useing this mechine.

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

When you say c&s did you mean the Turf Tracker? The one that is basically a dixie chopper w/o the deck? If so, I can give a good opinion on it. I used one all day every day for 4 years. They spread well and spray well if you keep the speed at the 4 mph setting. Mechanically the spreader motors do not last very long. You can get extra life by spraying the fert off everyday. Best to buy a spare motor and sprayer and keep them in your truck. The hydrolic drives may last 3-4 years especially if you do a lot of up & down on slopes. They are pricy. Last I heard, a new one is about $14,000 dollars(where a chopper is $6,000) quite a markup.And you should buy one of their trailers which has a special bracket up front to hold it in tight. Hope that helps.
  6. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Bought the Perma-Green this year rather than make my own or buy Turf Tracker or similar.

I treat lawns from 3,000 sq ft to over 20 acres.

It is excellent.
  7. I saw them both in KY at the Expo in '99

I think the Perma Green is still better than the C&S

I did turn my Lazer in to a spraying/fert mach.

but I had to find someting better and more accurate

my hose is easy to pull but the walking of an enormous amount of large yards and my age is starting to get to me

I have to find a better way to do so and I than you guys for your suggestions

8. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Have you guys seen the Z-Spray? I have one and it blows the others out of the water. I really like it. He had an ad in one of the magazines, Lawn and Landscape or one of those. I think mine is better than the other because it will do hills better and will carry more product. Yes it looks like a Wright Stander, it is a modified one. I have had mine for about 3 months and it has already paid for itself, it costs more than a Perma green but less than a tracker. have a Picture and will post it.

9. hey Morturf

you beet me to it. I saw it at the EXPO and was very ompressed

especialy sence it was right next to Perma Green and I could compare them side by side

so I went with the Z-SPRAY

although I won't know haow well it will realy work till next spring I went a head and bought one

I would recomend it to all
  10. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

morturf / godfather,
    Nice looking machine!! Does Z-SPRAY have a web site?? If not do you have a phone #. I'd like to get more info on this unit, looks impressive :) ED