Perma Green owners

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bart may, Apr 18, 2004.

1. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

I just got my new Perma Green and I a bit confused about the fertilizer calibration. It keeps refering to the calibration gauge which they show a picture of. Am I making this harder than I should or should I really do the pan test and try to decifer these instructions? I guess I can call perma green tomarrow and see if they can explain it for me.:confused:

2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

You may call them. Here is what I did or have mine set on. Left ot right my settings are 15,17,12. I don't have a lesco dealer with 200 miles of me so I use another commercial brand grandular and with the settings, I am close to the 4.18 pds /1000. Now as I am finding out, if you shut off early towards a driveway/sidewalk or if you shut off late and spread some on the cement, your throwing your "total pds/ 1k" off. I usually load more and things work out. It is like spraying too, a little spray on the walks, your using more. I can't seem to find a better way. I just want good coverage and no call backs!

3. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

meets1,
    So did you go through whole pan test deal to figure out how much to set them at. the manual says to start out at 9 13 11 thats left to right. So how did you come up with your numbers?

4. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Trial and erro I guess. I just kept adding quality, high priced fert. to mine to keep the pattern, adjusted on the cement area we have and tried to match that to the spray pattern. That way your not shooting granular 5ft per side further that your spray. So when you over lap, it works out pretty well!

Good luck though, it did take some time and is a pain in the (&^&*!!