1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

perma green parts?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Drivefaster35, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I bought a used permagreen late last summerfrom a local lco it only has about 40 hrs on it but I'm not so sure he was as good at cleaning the machine ona regular basis as he should have been. As of right now it works fine but just for in case where do you get new parts just from lesco? or anywhere cheaper out there? Also I'm going to take the plastic shield off thats over the transmission and do a good clean up job before the season begins any advice or anything that I should look for? Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Ultra or Magnum? If Magnum, be sure the motor has spacer washers under the motor so that no fertilizer can get trapped under the motor, (the aluminum corrodes easily).

Tractor Supply Company has the electric pumps, and lots of nozzles. Auto Zone has universal belts and starter switches. Motor cycle and lawn tractor batteries are available anywhere (if you don't mind building a bracket.) Universal throttle cables can be used to control the deflector chute. Idler pulley--not sure. Impeller gears--not sure.

Actually I am thinking about going by Tractor Supply Company and picking up an extra nozzle. I am thinking both nozzles aimed wide and adding a third nozzle in the middle--would that work?

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

1800-346-2001 any part you need next day if you want it that fast.