perma green question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by snowmizer, Apr 12, 2004.

1. snowmizer

snowmizer LawnSite Member

just picked up new perma green ride on today was wondering how the learning curve was for some of you guys. I do not have many accounts as of yet but purchased this year to get used to the machine. Would like to push advertising for fert., weed control next year have around 10 customers that i am doing granular application for this year. would like to get my operator bugs out this year, any tips from the pros?! Yes i am fully licensed and insured... thanks

2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I just purchased a new PG machine. Took alittle time to calibrate and now it is a breeze. I used it today for the first trial run. Did about 100K to just see how it works. It worked great. I ran in low gear, although my fert. was sticking and I had to always stop and push fert thru the holes so it would spread. I don't understand why this happened or the cause but I'll try again tomorrow. Learning curve, I put an HOUR on the machine calibrating and riding and turning, about all it took! Easy machine, fun, fast and effecient for our apps.

3. sawdust

sawdust LawnSite Member

Very easy learnimg curve my first year using it love it for granular. Not tried spray yet. Takes the work out of spreading. Can use it on 5k and above no problems.

4. snowmizer

i used it a little when i got it home and the left side pattern adjuster was closed after we just calibrated at the lesco dealer the set screw loosened up underneath hopper. cant wait to get some time on it i think i will stick to granular for now and use the liquid later for weed control.have to wait for peticide stickers from the D.E.C. i guess they mail it by donkey still!!!!

5. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines LawnSite Member

How long have you been waiting, I am waiting for mine too, I think their is only one person staffing this office!!! If they were so concerned about the "environment" they would process these applications faster because we are running out of time to use pre-emergence here....If we have to wait any longer for our stickers we will be putting down even more pesticides to control the crabgrass later in the year!!!

6. PetalsandPines

by the way....my sprayer was supposed to be pre-calibrated too.....and that hole was closed up with the sliding plate too! I figured that out about 3 bags of fert into it!

7. snowmizer

petals and pines,
    hey i was in your class when we took the pesticide course i picked my perma green up a week after you recieved yours.I do not understand why it takes so long at albany, try to go by the book and you get screwed over anyways by them dragging tail!! back to the perma green, got home after setting mine up with phil and put pre-em on my own yard after 1 bag i noticed left side was not throwing a good pattern,found out it was almost closed all the way!!! then later that day the starter quit working.. I am in A.Z. right now be back on friday got to get this thing figured out!! I am not to thrilled with it right now but will give it more time.

8. PetalsandPines

I hope you did not get the one I returned, I just returned mine last week because the starter did not work properly. I hope you did not get my unit because that unit didn't seem just right....The engine didn't even seem as if it were up to par (rpm's) & stalling when it was cold!

9. Lawn Solutions

Lawn Solutions LawnSite Member
    from midwest

meets1

to prevent the slide from getting gunked up i use talc powder that i got from a local john deere ag dealer. they use this stuff in ag planters.

works great, just add a little to bottom and top when filling with fertilizer

10. snowmizer

petalsandpines,
    wow what a coincidence i bet it is the same one. i have not had any promblems with the motor, but the starter does not work! ill be home on saturday and i will be taking it back and see what the deal is...... I will have to try the talc powder and see if that works... if i decide to keep it! thanks...