Perma Green Rack, BUY, Build, Other!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by J Hisch, Nov 22, 2006.

1. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I need a rack for my perma green, I have seen other ones made by other manufacturers that look nice. Perma Greens rack look like the unit wouldnt be secure. A homemade rack would be nice for aerator, seeder etc. give me some advise please. We currently use an enclosed trailer but it is hard to pull and turn around sometimes.

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

mine looks like a miniature utility trailer bed with a fold down ramp, its 4x5 and has a mesh bottom. I can carry my aerator easily and have used it to carry a Ryan slit seeder. I had mine made with 2 receiver's and a custom hitch for the truck, so it was very solid. I recently changed it back to 1 receiver to fit the hitch on my pick-up.

3. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

C&S Turf has a rack for their Time Machine that looks good for a PG.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wow! That looks alot like the ones we build! Ours have higher sides, though. We also put holders on that the front drive wheels fit snug under. This one was built around an older PG.

IM000101.jpg

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Here's another pic. Doesn't work............................... delete this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

OK,.....let's try it again. For some reason, it won't let me. I keep getting a small error message saying "Attachment in Progress. Can be deleted here."

7. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

indyturf, who made yours? was it here in town? send me a pm. i'd like to know the cost and who built it. thanks

8. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

For some reason I cant PM? I had my rack made at Fayette Welding, its on 267 just north of brownsburg. was about $1000 with the custom made receiver hitch.

9. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

ok, thanks!

10. profigala

profigala LawnSite Member

the new pg rack with the spring loaded ramps works really well, and comes with the tie downs, and its width can be adjusted to almost any size, also the tire stops can be adjusted. ive been using it for about 3 months now and i gotta say i really like it.