1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Perma-Green Rack

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawntennis, Jun 14, 2006.

1. lawntennis

lawntennis LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a perma-green and love it. I am currently carting it around on a trailer. They sell a rack that fits into a hitch but it is a little pricey. I'm sure some of you have designed something. I did a search but no one posted any pictures. I'm looking for some clever idea to hold it down other than straps. I'm also considering just buying a van and running it out of that. This is my first post and I want to add that I read the label .... er manual.
  2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I had mine made at a local welding shop, cost me about the same as the PG rack but I Had it made with a 38" steel mesh floor so I can use it for hauling my aerator and slit seeder. also its easier on the tires than the racks from PG
  3. sclawndr

sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member

The carrier costs as much as a trailer but it's not nearly as handy. In addition, you would need a class 4 hitch because it's a lot of weight. Get a trailer and you can use it for other things - like an aerator - as well. Don't even think about ramping the PG into a van. PGs are great but the brakes suck. The joke in our shop is that brakes are overrated anyway.
  4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We used to haul ours on trailers. It was a pain. Now, we use racks to carry & unload them....big improvement. The guys love it. We built our 1st one, and the 2nd we bought used. I recommend a carrying rack over trailering anyday. Just make sure your hitch receiver is a good one.
  5. PB34

PB34 LawnSite Member

I have one for sale if anyone wants it.
  6. Tim Johnson

Tim Johnson LawnSite Member

How much you want for it? Location and price, any prics? I'm in Grand Rapids.
  7. PB34

PB34 LawnSite Member

The rack is about 1 year old, good shape, not used much at all. Stored indoors. I am located in Auburn Hills, 30 minutes north of Detroit.

I think I paid about $700 for it, I would take$300.
  8. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like a deal coming from just north of the motor city.

we use vans and never had a problem loading/unloading. we also have the racks. as far as speed of load/unloading...really no difference (of course you'll have added 'floor' space if you use a carry rack
  9. oOTurfmanoO

oOTurfmanoO LawnSite Member

Still for sale?

I'm up for it.

pm me if you don't haver a buyer.....
  10. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

PB34 is offering you a great deal. You can hardly build one for less. Hopefully you 2 can hook up. Pulling a trailer sucks, and these carriers are cool.