perma green servicing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassroots lawn, Jan 28, 2006.

1. grassroots lawn

grassroots lawn LawnSite Member

Is It Best To Buy The Perma Green Direct Or At A Lesco ..also Does Someone,like Lesco Service Them..service To Me Is The Most Important If You Do Have Trouble.any Input......jj

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

they are the same price at lesco as they are direct, lesco does work on them so if you bought it from them you would probablly get better service if you had a problem.

3. sweetjetskier

sweetjetskier LawnSite Senior Member

I would not rely on lesco for servicing any equipment you may buy from them, they do not have enough mechanics for the issues that may appear. They do not stock many parts for any machines. How long can you wait for parts? 2 weeks, a month or more? past experiences dictates my opinion.

4. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

the permagreen is pretty simple to service, so having somebody to fix it would not concern me. the parts avaibility would. so if you have a local lesco, then buy it from them, and save the shiping cost.

5. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The only dealer in my area to service PG's just informed us they are dropping them. They cited lack of communication from PermaGreen. We would get the updated parts, and recalls mailed and I would take the Magnum in for service. They would have no idea about any of the stuff going on.

6. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

no sales tax when buying direct

7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Pg is easy to maintain. Only thing we had was my needle went out on the starter / engine. Had our local toro dealer do the work. Go direct - no sales tax.

8. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Wouldnt the shipping just about equal the sales tax?

9. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Go direct to PG.
    We get quick next day deliveryon parts.
    Have gotten verbal advise on several occasions.