1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Perma Green Spayer Filters

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by SpreadNSpray, Apr 21, 2006.

1. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Is anyone else having problems with the spray filters clogging up with some herbicides? Momentum fx and some others seems to clog (almost a crystallized substance on the filter) Anyone know why this is happening?
  2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i had problems with talstar. it seemed to have a fiber build up in the strainer
  3. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Fx tends to clog when adding sticker, switch to Hawkeye, or put in check valve-no filter, just a spring loaded ball that shuts off flow when not pumping fluid
  4. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I have also seen that fiber build up with some herbicides. FX is making a crystallized build up similar to that fiber.

What would the check valve do? If you are going to remove the filter why the need for a check valve?
  5. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Alot of people were having trouble with Momentum fx and Drive 75 clogging up. The drive was almost making a slurry when you added 1lb of it to a few gallons of water. Lesco is coming out with a low volume spray version of Momentum. Not sure when it will be available. The solution I heard (this is straight from the Perma folks) is to pre-mix your momentum. Add whatever your normal amount of chemical is to a large container (alot of guys I know use milk jugs), mix with water, fill the perma tank 1/2 full,then add the jug to the tank, and then fill with water. Also remember to never leave ANYTHING overnight in your tank. That will supposedly cause it to build up on the screens.
  6. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

I just picked up a 2.5 gal jug of Momentum FX from Lesco. I have a low volume shielded sprayer from Pro-Lawn. Should I even open the jug? Or should I just take it back? I got a flyer today about Momentum FX 2, and it says it does not gel as much. PR
  7. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I'm getting what looks almost like an algae coating on the screens with Trimec classic But the screen on the uptake in the tank is clean.
  8. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks like the honeymoon is over for me and the Magnum. I'm using Chaser and am having the same fiber build up. I'm also getting a weird squealing noise coming from the drive pulleys, but have no clue on how to fix that.

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Momentum F/X has been a problem all year, have to clean the nozzle screens
    just about every 8 gallons.
  10. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, so I called Lesco today, and he said they have had problems with the older Permagreens clogging up. I said that I did not think my Prolawn was much different and I would return the Jug I bought of Momentum FX. I asked why he did not sell me the FX2 and he said because they did not have any in the store yet. So Lesco national does this big hype and build up about some thing not all of there stores have yet. Nice. I will keep using Speedzone for now. Same cost per K and the only problem I have had is Violets and Creeping Charlie not all dyeing the first application. PR