Perma green spray?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by steve in Pa., Feb 11, 2004.

1. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

Guys who have the perma green what do you do for loading your PG sprayer? We were thinking of filling our 200 gallon sprayer and just filling the PG with the liquid right from the sprayer? Or do you use more chemicals and less water then what you would mix in the 200 gallon sprayer?

2. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

You would use way more chemical being that you are making a low volume ap. Consider using a nurse tank for filling you PG.

3. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

We use a 100 gal tank to fill with that we've made room to carry dry fert beside in the front of the bed. We tank mix and pump from the 100 gal tank directly into the PG units. Sometimes the 100 gal tank may last 2-3 days depending on the time of year and the spray volume we are using.

4. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

I pre mix the appropriate doseage in a poly nurse tank in the truck and pump directly to the PG or my spray bottle. Since I do lots of spot spray and not too much blanket @16-20 oz/K my 25 gal tank lasts awhile. The tank has a 3gpm pump with a big 12 volt battery on the wooden skid. Battery lasts forever and is held in place with bungee. The pump has a pressure switch for auto shut off and a toggle for manual over ride.

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

u could get away with a 55 gal drum fillin up a pg unit is should last all day
    i only carry water in my nurse tank and mix in the chem in each tank full on the pg unit
    way safer if u have a spill it is only water

6. Field General

Field General LawnSite Member

Good point Dusty,I never mix until I am on site.Once I almost got stuck with 125 gallons of Round-up and Karmax mixed for a veg. control account. I arrived as scheduled and was told they could not let me into the area to spray. After about 8 phone calls to various company officials from the security guards on site I was given access to the area. A lesson I will never forget.

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i never mix up 2 much juice because of weather changes -car wrecks- and just plain bad luck