1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

perma green spreaders

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by PaulJ, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

That seems far fetched.

By the time you sell, do customer service, run service calls and allow for rain days, $500,000 per guy seems rediculous.

2. KLR

KLR LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

new ride-on cost about $4400.

saddle tank for push spreader cost about $350

funny, how their new web site doesnt give any pricing

www.ride-onspreader.com

i dont believe lesco deals the saddle tanks, either way i would recommend buying direct from Perma Green. they used to give a 100 hour money back guarantee. if you dont love the machine within the first 100 hrs of operation ship it back for a full refund. least thats how it was when we purchased ours a few years ago.

and the $500,000 one man operation mentioned above...................dont think so.....but, maybe if its all commercial and the guy works 15 hr days 6 days a week

3. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey you guys can believe what you want about the 1/2 million with just one guy. I know who he is, have talked to him, and know how much product he pulls from the local Lesco. Tractor trailer loads. He has about 350-450 customers. When he finishes one round he starts all over again with the second. Think about this realistically. For those of you who have the PG, you do, say, 15-20 lawns a day, 1/2 acre, and charge about $75. app. 75x15= 1125/day. 60 customers a week x six weeks. That's $150,000 with a five app. on the conservative side. Now I know he is doing some big commercial as well. And I know I can do 1,000,000 square feet a day if I push it. That's 21 acres a day.

I know you could do those figures, I know the guy well, and he has built it up over 5 years.

Think about it you have no overhead. The PG which is paid for in the first week, then materials. NO labor comp., min. insurance, little maintenance. And this is all he does, nothing else.

Just some thoughts.

etwman.

4. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

KLR

Do you know whether or not we can still buy direct from PG? I know Lesco is dealing pretty heavy with this product now and that's where we got ours. Saw you mentioned that their prices aren't on their web site anymore. Wonder if that meant something?

etwman.

5. Kent Lawns

from Midwest

6. KLR

KLR LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

etwman
    yes, you can definatly buy direct. we get mailings from them often and i've talked to Tom (owner of PG) he'd rather sell direct, at least thats the impression he has given me.

and BTW, about your buddy and the $500,000. Hey its possible, anything is possible, we do....well i'll just say considerably more than 450 lawns per round, and i think you may be confused?? I'm not gonna be harsh, especially on Chritmas eve, but unless he has a BIG RED 'S' on his shirt (superman)....i dont think so.

But, yes, you can buy direct from Perma Green, both the ride-on and the saddle tanks, also the carry rack that you attach to a 2" reciever.
    good luck
    happy Holiday

7. Kent Lawns

from Midwest

My, my... ...$500,000 shrinks down to $150,000 pretty fast!

8. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder why Lesco is coming out with the Viper (spreader/sprayer on the Z2 chassis) when they have the P_G?

9. LCC350

LCC350 LawnSite Member

$500,000 with 450 accounts no chance. Yes anything is possible just not that scenerio. And if you say you can push 21 acres a day a have a job for you.

10. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I know a guy round here that has a P-G. He calls his Perfectly Gastly. He chases it more than rides it cause of the hills, has problems because it won't hold speed and then streaks the lawn. I tried his and the Z-spray. I have a Z-Spray and like it a lot more. Much more durable and more comfortable to run. I can fertilize a lot more areas faster than the PG . As far as spraying I use it but not as much as my dedicated Toro Workman for large areas. Anything over 3 acres. Yes they cost more, but you really get what you pay on the Z. Look at it www.Z-spray.com Just my thoughts guys not trying to start anything here.
    mike