perma green

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by silverscapes, Jul 29, 2007.

1. silverscapes

silverscapes LawnSite Member
    from de

pros and cons to a 2003 perma green:usflag: or a 2005 2006 perma green mag looking at a couple used ones :dizzy: thanks
  2. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Have not used a magnum, but have 3 ultras and bought 2 used. Work great for me.
  3. DSTC

DSTC LawnSite Member

Go for the Magnums, PG has come a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way sine the Ultra and Centri models. We have owned all three and I would rather pay double the price for a Magnum than be given a free Centri. Just my personal experience though, and all 3 machines paid for themselves time and time again. No matter what you buy, it sure beats the hell out of walking and rolling up a hose :)
  4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Love my PG Mag! Awesome machine! I have TONS of pros and no very many cons.

I started out looking at used models also and just ended up getting a new one. I had a person tell me (don't know how true this is) that typically when someone is selling a used ride on there is something wrong with it (unless they are getting out of the business or something like that). Otherwise why are they getting rid of it. It made since to me anyway.

Don't know...would just be cautious as if they didn't take care of it and clean it everyday it could be corroded. They go fast after that! I would just look at it very close and you might look at the Honda and see how "clean" it looks. That is what I have found the hardest to keep clean on mine.

What is everyone's thought on buying used ride-on equipment? Would you be scared?

Good Luck!
  5. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I wouldn't be afraid of buying a used PG. I have bought 2 Centris used and a New Magnum and just bought a used Magnum. if they look like they have been abused or not kept clean it should be easy to spot. I prefer the Magnum over the other models because it has no electrical to deal with.
    I talked to a guy the other day that has a Centri that he replaced the generator with a roller pump w/pulley and said it works great. sounds like a good idea!
  6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

The last Ultra we bought two years ago for $2800, and it came with the carrying rack. We put new front tires on it, and it's still the best of the two that we have. (of course we have since installed 12V motorcycle battery & 3.0 gpm pump >>> we really love our Ultras now)
  7. jdogsparky

jdogsparky LawnSite Member

looking for a used machine either ultra or mag. Thanks.
  8. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Two sources: Permagreen's website: or ebay

Good luck, american.:usflag:
  9. silverscapes

silverscapes LawnSite Member
    from de

not much luck with perma green web site only had like one response it was a centri i think i'm :usflag: looking for a mag or ultra close to delaware
  10. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Lesco has $200 off right now with 0% for two years on the PG Mag right now.

That is a pretty good deal.

I would go that way.

New machine = No interest, no rust, full warranty and nobody else's problems.

Its only 6 G' will pay for itself over and over.