Perma Green

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DUSTYCEDAR, Mar 10, 2005.

1. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

is anyone running the new magnum yet?
    i have test rode 1 but want to hear if anyone has one out in the field be for i buy them
    let me know what u think about the machine if u have 1

2. DUSTYCEDAR

from PA

Humm I Feel All Alone

3. ns400r

ns400r LawnSite Member

Dusty, I think pg's reputation has caught up with them, and so many owners of older machines dont want to take another chance with this new one. Why else would they be offering 2 trips to Hawaii? A good product sells it self.

I haven't heard of one company that has purchased a magnum yet.

4. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I know of 2 companies in my area of PA that have purchased them. If you look at another thread, I believe Chris of C&G has his, and the other company I know has theirs on order. We still have snow, with more on the way in the next few days, and/or the ground is frozen. I'm waiting on some reviews too!

Man ns400r, we don't need another war around here...

5. DUSTYCEDAR

from PA

i hear what u r saying and i am stuck i have a lot of fert to push and i dont want to leave it all up to my centri
    i want to upgrade but still not sure
    was hopeing to find a fellow member with 1 from a warm state that has gotten some real use out of it

6. ns400r

ns400r LawnSite Member

Dusty, why dont you call PG and ask them for a name of someone that has used one, If they cant produce then what does that tell you.

Got a centri with 200hrs on it, $2500.00 if you want it

7. DUSTYCEDAR

from PA

THANKS FOR THE OFFER i have 1

8. thomsoutdoor

thomsoutdoor LawnSite Platinum Member

Giving up on walking. I hope this does the trick. So far its delievering what was advertised.

9. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you expand on that a bit?

10. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I looked at one yesterday at a Lesco. When the snow is gone he is going to bring it out for a demo. As a spreader I think it will work well. I am not sure of its spraying capabilities. It uses flood nozzles for the broadcast modes. Floods tend to produce drift. Although they are low to the ground. The trim nozzles are flat fans which are better. I like air induction nozzles. They produce very little drift. The machine broadcast 11 feet but you run on seven foot centers. You need the overlap for coverage. I would change to smaller nozzles. I like spraying 5 gal/acre or less. I would like to be able to adjust the spreader impeller speed and spray pressure. What broke down on the older models?