1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Perma Junk?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bart may, May 4, 2004.

1. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

Man I just have 7 hours on it and had the idleling problems with the engine that everyone else is having and today the spinner plate quit spinning. Can anyone tell me if they have had this happen to them? It is spinning on the shaft coming out of the transmission. There is a little set screw that looks like it either got stripped out or broke. Do I need to just get another screw or just try to re-insert the old one? I'm going out to work on it so I'll check back for any advice. Everytime something goes wrong I call and it is after 3:30 and the techs are gone. So hopefully one of you know what to do.:angry:
  2. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

lol...sorry not laughing at you...have had the problem with the set screw. Prema Green sent out a notice (last year i think) about this (so they admit there is a problem) we reinserted the originals, i think theres 4 or maybe 5 from the transmision up to the spinner, we used that blue stuff...crap, cant think of the name of it, but it helps 'glue' the threads and has kept them from loosening again.
    what amazes me is that they sent out this notice last year, yet your machine is brand new, so they still havnt fixed the problem at the factory??

dont get discouraged yet, you'll have many other problems with it!

no, really...wish you luck with yours
  3. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

Seems Ive read nothing but negative on these things. Do they really suck that bad?? Maybe I should just think about a Z-spray??
  4. smoke johnson

smoke johnson LawnSite Member

z spray is the only way to go
  5. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Guys - I gotta defend the PG! I have little quirks here and there about the machine but it does the job for me. First week out 50 hours, close to 1 million K. I have problems with my toro equipmet - but we fix and move on. It like everything else - but I do understand your fustration. Down time can kill ya!
  6. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I love my perma greens. What machine doesn't have problems.
  7. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

Thanks for your replys. I did just retighten the screw and it seems to be doing fine. For $4,500 I don't expect problems in the first 10 hours. I mow for a living and if the mowers all did this being brand new, I'd call them junk too. I'm out in the middle of no where wereas most of you have Lesco dealers and at least someone you know who has one to ask questions. They said that I was the only guy in my state that has one. Anyway thanks for your help. It sounds like I need to loctite the set screw to the drive shaft. Does that sound right TSM?
  8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I put on 15 hours last week, did my first rounds with Dimension, and other than getting air in the fuel line when I would run the thing out of gas, no problems whatsoever.
  9. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

loctite....yes thats the stuff i couldnt remember (duh)
  10. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member