Permagreen agitation

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

What do most of you do to agitate your liquid mix in a PG?

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I dont try to agitate--but the water from the hose helps slightly. I stopped using Lesco Triester II, because it settled out overnight.
    ---Suggestions
    -------internal plumbing for bypass agitation nozzle
    -------12 volt bilge pump inside the tank (minnow pump)
    -------12 volt motor on top of tank with shaft and propellor
    -------big wooden spoon and stir, stir, stir

3. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

use a chemical that doesnt need the agitation, like an AMINE formulation, and drain your tank at the end of the day (which is as easy as not filling it up at your last stop, that might only be 5K so dont put 8gal in it). i use trimec 992, or triplet and have no problem settling out. i do use ester based in the fall, and i find that bouncing around on the trailer and lawns give enough aggitation, again, letting set overnight it will seporate. you know how the size of the property (i hope) so all you need to do is add the fert and liquid to do the application and you should have no problems.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Most of what we use has no agitation problems. Occasionally, if we DO use a wp or something, we pre-mix, and shake the heck out of the machine (like when we mix our 3 way). the ride down the road and the especially the ride on the yards keeps it mixed well.

5. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

pre mix product in a seperate container and then add itto the tank. Also, plan your day so tat you don't have alot left to sit overnight. Drain any left over and then just shake the heck out of it the next day. I know Drive is a big problem, but adding 1lb of that to 8 gallons of water almost makes a slurry, so that didn't surprise me. Switch to an amine, if practical. Momentum FX2 was reformulated for permas, and Lesco is coming out with a low-volume spray product specifically for these too. Haven't heard how Q4 does yet.

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Q4 does yet. its hot u have to watch