permagreen agitation

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RigglePLC, Feb 23, 2007.

1. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I could not find a double threaded bulkhead fitting for my Permagreen Ultra spray pressure solution bypass tube. Upper right on tank.
    I took off tubing and unscrewed the fitting. I inserted a plastic soda straw--into the fitting from underneath. It fit almost perfect. I sealed with hot glue reinforced with a little silicone sealer. Not much pressure here. Used a bendable straw and aimed it to swirl the solution. Screwed it back in and reattched the bypass tube. I will see how it works after I get rid of antifreeze later on this year.

May trade it for something a little longer and more substantial.

Anybody else tried to set up agitation?

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

You did this with a bendy straw? That dosn't seem like it would hold up very long, and even at the 15psi it would probably not stay pointed in a certian direction. Sounds like you are certianly thinking outside the box for a solution though! Pics?

I just brought home my new Permagreen Magnum today! Rode it around the yard some and gave it a good looking over, added a foam strip under the hood they had added to the package. Spent some time tonight reviewing the books and books that came with it! If I could trust the temps I'd get some water thru the tank and make sure that's all good. Have to get everything calibrated good still, fun fun. looking forward to getting good at running it!

3. RigglePLC

OK. I have not posted a picture before. So...

158 is before installation. I found a short piece of quarter inch tubeing to extend the flow to the bottom of the tank and give it direction.

The blue basket is used to filter out lumps of fertilizer instead of the usual screen.

S3500158.jpg

S3500156.jpg

S3500157.jpg

4. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

5. HoseJockey

HoseJockey LawnSite Member
    from Memphis

Ive have thought about doing this on my old ultra.

Instead of a straw, run a hose to the bottom of the tank, add a elbow, add 3-5 inch section of hose, add a connector with 4 nipples (looks like a cross with a nipple on each end), add a section of hose on each side of the cross. Do this the length of the bottom of the tank. In my head it looks like a centipede. At the end of the hose, use a fishing weight to hold it down.

I wouldn't think I would need clamps because of the low pressure.

6. RigglePLC

Hosejockey,
    Good idea--your plan would give much better agitation.

But there is no way to attach hose to inside of tank fitting.

Tried Google and I think something like this would allow you to attach tube to a hose nipple on the inside of the tank.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MTI19Q...e=380333&creativeASIN=B000MTI19Q&linkCode=asn

Also if you look at the picture--probably the free end of the agitation tube could be securely attached to the stock pickup tube--using a plastic wire tie.

But I am also thinking that one could have quarter inch threads cut into the inside of that 3/8ths fitting on the top right. A quarter inch hose barb could then be screwed in (inside of the tank) --and the agitation tubeing and several nozzles attached. Not sure of volume, number or best aiming of jets for best agitation action.

On the other hand I use mostly Lesco Eliminate--doesn't seem to need agitation.