Permagreen and liquid Insecticide

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it possible to get any kind of control w/Liquid insecticide such as allectus by using a Permagreen w/ 2 GPM pump....... Maybe making 2 passes?

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Well is Allectus an EC? If so, should be no problem--but if it is a suspension concentrate or wettable powder or forms a thick solution in the tank--i would not risk it. Agricultural growers use low volumes all the time--aircraft spraying too--10 gal per acre is common.
    I am trying to find a way to provide better agitation in the Perma Green tank. Any suggestions?

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Essentially, there are a FEW products that we can't spray legally because of the ULV. With some of these, two passes at half rate DOES get us around that. I'm not sure about Allectus,...I would have to see the label.

4. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

aside from the lable issue, i would say alot depends on the target pest. a surface feeding pest would be more likely to be controled then a sub-surface pest, do largely on the fact you wouldn't have enough liquid to penitrate the thatch/soil and reach them. and i would say that goes for spraying pre-m's/fungi also, foiler apps ok, not a soil app. (assuming using an ULV/LV sprayer)

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, this is true. There are also certain surface applications that just take more volume (Manage, for instance). We were running low speed and full spray to achieve this for awhile.