1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Permagreen Calibration

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turfmann, Jun 27, 2007.

1. turfmann

turfmann LawnSite Platinum Member
    from PRM

Does anyone have a calibration cheat sheet for the permagreen? I have a buddy that is expecting delivery in a couple of days and hasn't alot of room for error, if you know what I mean.
  2. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

It should come with the machine. Mine did.
  3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Once you spray 2 or 3 accounts, you can quickly fine tune your spray. Maybe your first lawn should be your mother-in-law's? LOL
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

First things to check is that the engine is runnning at the proper RPM's at full throttle. Then do the measure and line and drive test to make sure the speeds are in check for low and drive. For the spray it's best to double check the output of the nozzles with a bucket and a stopwatch. Everythign else is just getting the spreader settings as close as you can and then some trial and error.
  5. turfmann

turfmann LawnSite Platinum Member
    from PRM

You guys have an amazing grasp of the obvious. Guessing and trial and error are not in the cards here. Since the machine comes with a guide we'll use that.
  6. thomsoutdoor

thomsoutdoor LawnSite Platinum Member

Can't speak for everyone. I wouldn't waste the time with calibrated low gear, never used it.
  7. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Check your speed with a GPS. Measure nozzle output. Do the math.
  8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

For better accuracy than the directions--in my case i use a stopwatch. One bag of 19-0-6 covers 12500 sqft. I cover this in 4 minutes and 19 seconds. Determine how many square feet per minute you cover. Adjust up or down until the time is correct for a 50 lb bag.

You may need a BIG lawn.
  9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

No no... That's more "trial and error" He's going to read the BOOK and have it all figured out :dizzy:

I also didn't get any Guide with my machine that gives exact settings for every product on the market. Why, because there isn't one. Every setting for every product has to be dialed in by the operator. Often times you can use the Lesco gage setting on the bag to get close and then tweak it up or down from there.