permagreen & crabgrass control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by General Grounds, Jul 12, 2008.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:confused: what are you guys using with your permagreen to spray crabgrass, i usually use Q-4 but according the permagreen chart id be putting a boat load in the sprayer. thanks tony

2. Fert33

Fert33 LawnSite Member

I would use drive if you have to. Did you use pre-emergent? Or is this a new customer who has not had any applications? If you did use pre-emergent you should only have to spot treat areas that need it. You can just mix drive in a back pack and spray. However, if this is a new lawn that has not had any applications, You can use it in your permagreen. Make sure you read the label carefully, because drive only works on crabgrass in certain tillar stages. Also check out the suggested surfactant. Aside from the amount of Q4 that you would have to use, it would also cost you tons of $$$$$ Hope this helps.

3. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

try the new Momentum Q, it has more quinclorac(Drive 75) then Q4. .75 vs .5 , so you will get better control, cheaper also. use a surfactant such as Hawkeye

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just apply the Q4 at half rate and double trip the lawn. I have been doing it this way for the past two years with excellent results.

5. ScagGrassGuy1978

ScagGrassGuy1978 LawnSite Member

I used Q4 for the first time last year. I needed something for Nutsedge,CG, and broadleaf, all in one. That stuff rocks. I swear by it. A bit pricey but it surprisingly knocked out the nutsedge in the first application.
    Bill