Permagreen for ICT products?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by LushGreenLawn, Jul 27, 2008.

1. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Have any of you used a permagreen to spray ICT products? Either the compoast tea or the NPP?

Did you have to modify the output? If so, how?

2. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

I have not used a permagreen but I spray with a boom. How many gpm is your pump, how many nozzles, and what speeds does the permagreen go? You want to put down 2gal/K minimum. You most likely need bigger nozzle tips, and possible pump upgrade.

3. LushGreenLawn

Its only a 1 gallon per K pump. i can add one thats 3.8 gallon per minute, but man, with an 8 gallon tank, I'd be refilling alot.

The PG goes 4mph, with 2 nozzles, sprays 11' wide.

4. wallzwallz

Wow 11' with 2 nozzles? Are they boomless type nozzles? I'm running a 7gpm, 5 nozzle 100" coverage boom. I think I'm at 3mph to get the 2gal/k. I irrigate immediately afterwards. I have a 40 gal tank and it goes quick, about 10 minutes wide open or 15 with some shut off, turn arounds. I usd the NPP a few weeks ago and like the results I see.

5. LushGreenLawn

Yes, they are boomless type nozzles. 1 gallon currently covers 4200 sq. ft, I could slow down to 1mph from 4 and get 1050 sq ft per gallon I guess, but I think I would fall asleep! Not to mention its not very productive.

I may go ahead and get a 200 gallon skid sprayer, but that would still only cover 100K, I would have to fill up at least once throughout the day. I'd hate to have to run all the way back to the shop for that!

6. sclawndr

sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member

I've been spraying the 123 with my Magnum. I use the PG upgrade kit and I'm spraying about a third of a gallon per 1000sf. You can spray up to 3/4 of a gallon with that kit. No problems but who knows whether 123 is effective at that rate.

7. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

As a foliar fertilizer at that reduced rate of water you will get nice green up because of all of the micronutrients we use in the #3, if you are just wanting greenup this is fine as an application rate. The trichoderma in the mix will colonize the leaf and have good resistance to fungal disease, the nutrient chomping microbes will be a bit stranded but will eventually make it into the soil profile. If conditions are not right the dormant microbes will stay dormant. The mycorrhizae may get stranded too

The issue is the soil, one of the main reasons to use it to promote soil fertility the product works better when watered in. Some suggestions would be to spray when rain is iminent, spray in the rain, ask your customer to water the product in after application or apply on irrigated sites at that rate.

Note, at the 2 gallons per 1000 rate the product has little to no smell at a reduced rate you may have a smell from the fish, its not much and goes away quickly

8. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Compared to some other products I have used... your product has no smell worth noting. I used one where poeple came out of the house a few doors down. I now have a a 55 gal drum of that stuff at my house with nowhere to put it. I no longer use that stuff...

Basically, if I had one organic customer in a neighborhood with that stuff... I would be lucky to keep one organic customer in that neighborhood and the neighbors would not go organic... EVER!

Bills stuff is nothing, I don't even notice it myself.

9. LushGreenLawn

Bill,
    If I were to apply it with my PG, how long afterwards would it need to be watered it? There are parts of my program now that need to be watered in, and I just give the customer a doorhanger with instructions.

10. wallzwallz

Lush Green, not to answer for Bill, but the sooner the better. You want the good stuff in the soil. In the rain is a great time to do it.