Permagreen H2o/1000sq.ft

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by VARMIT COMMISSION, Jul 23, 2008.

1. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

My 08 PG is getting 5000 square feet per gallon. This is at an 8 ft. wide spray pattern. What is your PG covering per gallon?

2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

It depends on the instructions on the product being applied, I would think.

I thought they came from the factory calibrated for .5 gallons per 1000, I have seen some modify the nozzles and pump to get 1.85 G per 1000 when they applying something that needs to be watered in

3. VARMIT COMMISSION

.5 gallon/1000 That would be 26 gallons of water to cover an acre. I dont think that is right.

4. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I am down to about 6 gallons/acre.

5. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Grandview

For the application of what fert/pest/herb/whatever, if its beer then well.... I wouldn't finish the application

1/4 acre WOOOHOO, 1/2 acre woohoo, 3/4 acre SSSSSSNNNNOOOOORRRRREEEE, last 1/4 acre under a tree sleeping

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

sounds like it's spraying a little light to me... Mine puts out about 30 ounces per 1,000 Covers about 4,000 to 4,500 sq. ft. Of course those are just numbers, real world I don't think it goes nearly that far with overlap and doing edges etc.

7. VARMIT COMMISSION

My rpm is only 3200-3280 I think the factory setting spose to be 3450. I have backed off the throttle screw so it does nothing. But this is still all the rpm I can get. Really dont want to add rpm cause it may make me recalibrate. I hate calibrating the PG.

8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. I get about 5000 sqft per gallon, (about 26 ounces per 1000 sqft, about 9 gallons per acre. ) About 40,000 sqft per tank.

9. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Lesco Threeway. I have always gotten good results even going down to 4.5 gal/acre with other Sprayers. Roundup and Certainty I like 15-20 gals/acre. I never spray fertilizer.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I get about 4000 ft./gallon, but mine is an Ultra SE and seems to put out a higher volume more than my friends Magnums. I spray 32 per tank - even though the manual labels it at 34 per tank. If I spray with the high nozzles with the machine on low speed for certain applications), I get about 27 M per tank.