Permagreen/Honda Engine Issue

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by BrandonV, Aug 8, 2013.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

So earlier in the year we had someone installed a new Honda engine on our permagreen magnum. Things haven't been the same. The new engine seems to blow air up the fuel line where it collects in the fuel filter thusly running the unit out of fuel. We can usually run 5-15 minutes and then have to shake the fuel line to get the filter to fill back up and it'll run again. Its not that the fuel cap is not venting because it does the same thing sans fuel cap. I'm almost to the point where I'm going to remove the filter and let it roll without. Any suggestions?

2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I know you said you ran it with no cap, but do you have the new cap with the charcol(SP?) in it??

3. BrandonV

Not that I am aware of.

4. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

There is a recall on the new gas caps, through Honda. They are filling with fuel. and choking off vent, causing vapor lock, which kind of sounds like your issue. Your dealer should have the bulletin.

5. BrandonV

This is the Permagreen gas cap or on that Honda has. My fuel tank is a Permagreen creation and not Honda.

6. Currinson

Currinson LawnSite Member
    from MA

Hello I have a Permagreen Magnum with a Honda GX200 engine, the governor has been acting up, I am going to replace the engine, where did you get your new engine?, Permagreen wanted over 1000, Jacks Small Engine was around 600,

Thanks for the help

Erick

7. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

If you post some numbers from the engine, maybe some one here can help you. Read the sticky at the top of this section

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=144040

Try your local Honda motorcycle shop, I picked one up last year for under 500 bucks. Some dealers also sell mowers....

ericg likes this.
  8. Currinson

Currinson LawnSite Member
    from MA

I am looking to replace a Honda GX200 RH2X GCAE-2000555, thanks for your help

Erick