Permagreen Magnum Engine Question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by VARMIT COMMISSION, Jun 6, 2008.

1. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

Broke and replacing throttle return spring on 08 pg. They sent me a new one. My question is has anyone replaced one before. I have put everything back together and the engine just goes to an extremely high rpm. Take the spring off and it is ok but ya gotta have it. I have the manual and all looks good. I even sprung the spring (stretched it out a little) and no help there either.
    Any advice???????

2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have a possible solution. The "Arm" for lack of a better term, can be bent to make it so that there is less tension on the spring. A bend less than a millimeter will make a huge difference, be careful bending so that you do not have to do it more than you have to and weaken it.

Also, if this dosen't work, or you need more info in this technique, call permagreen and ask to speak to the tech support guy for mechanical issues.

3. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

it's the govoner spring causing the problem. i had to reomve the arm that goes to the govoner (sits on top of the engine, shaped like a half moon with a pinch bolt on one end), make sure it (the shaft that comes out from the top of the engine) is at rest (turned all the way in ine direction) then place the govoner arm and tighten the pinch bolt. it may take a few times to get it correct. mine broke last month.

4. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks TICA, it was the governer. Turned it counterclock wise and the problem was fixed. Im back in buisness.