1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Permagreen magnum rims

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rob1325, Jan 6, 2014.

1. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a permagreen magnum that needs new rims. I don't want to buy them from permagreen because they sell tire and rim together and I want to try different tire. My rims are rusted bad and want to purchase just rims. Anyone know where to get them? If so thanks in advanced.
  2. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

After researching online, I found a company that sells rims. If they work out when they come in I will let you know where to get them, if anybody needs to know. They are even silver like originals.
  3. pmservices

pmservices LawnSite Member

4. AuburnHort2005

AuburnHort2005 LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

That's good to know. I just got a permagreen magnum today and the rims are pretty rusted too. I don't think this machine was ever rinsed/blown off at the end of the day. Let us know what you find out.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Good idea to paint the rims carefully and often. Paint them dark green or rust yellow--so the rust doesn't show.
  6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Are you breaking the bead and losing air?

If not, who cares if the rims are rusted? If you feel you need a good cosmetic look, steel brush down and paint.
  7. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Equipment, trucks, ect. that are clean goes a long way with customers.
    Appearance means a lot.
    Some may not care but when you do get compliments it makes you feel good.
  8. itturf

itturf LawnSite Member
    from pa

where did you get the rims and what is the size?
  9. zspeed130

zspeed130 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree nice looking equipment is more important than a lot of people think. However, you would be amazed how a quick "face lift" looks like brand new to the customer or passerby. (Brush and spray paint once a year).

On another note, does anyone have an issue with Permagreen tires filling with water!???!

Mine seriously get so filled up on my ultra I can fill them with 50lbs of air and have water squirt out till there is no more pressure. What's up with this?!?

10. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I agree with da lawn care, who cares....wire brush or grinder brush, oil enamel silver pint can of paint. I have done mine nd really can't tell a difference.