Permagreen Magnum-Runs Rough

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Grandview, May 18, 2006.

1. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

My Permagreen Magnum started to run rough the other day. It sounds like it is not firing every time. I changed the plug, cleaned the carburator bowel, and it gets gas. It is a year old but has 450 hours. I am thinking it is the coil. The dealer is picking it up today. Anybody with ideas? Luckily, I bought a backup Permagreen this spring. But I have not had time to customize the spray system, so it is not as fast.

2. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Best thing is making sure all the carb settings are correct. I have a number of centris but have had to get carbs adjusted a few times to get a good firing motor. make sure the carb ports are cleaned and openings are at the right size, i know we've had to redrill the openings for better fuel intake.

3. somo1

somo1 LawnSite Member

What did you do to customize your spray settings? I would like to get better coverage out of mine. And what rate do you use in your take? I mix 1.2oz./K and get about 40k out of mine.

4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I just had to replace the coil on mine at 140 hrs also found some problems with the carb. runs great now!

5. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Is that the honda motor or the Briggs?
    I'm having trouble on rough terrain the thing cuts out all over the place.
    I have the ultra and it is really annoying me.

6. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

the magnum has the Honda, I think I have mine running better than the day I got it!

7. southernsprayguy

southernsprayguy LawnSite Member

The best thing to do would be to get rid of that Permagreen .... they are nothing but junk.

8. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I have the briggs, there is no adjustment for the carb. Mine seems to run rich. Plugs don't last for more than 75 hours without being all carboned up.

9. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

check the air filter. on the hondas oil findes its way to the elament and clockes it which will make it run rought..

10. Nitroman

Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I have one a year old as well and I'm interested in customizing the spray system. What do u do and why? Mine doesn't't get that wide of a spray swath, the fert. goes about three feet further than liquid on both sides. I have the nosel up just far enough to where I'm not spraying so high that I'm just running threw it. Any suggestions?

God bless