permagreen magnum

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wissel_landscaping, Oct 27, 2005.

1. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you know it has a high gear too (5 MPH)??? You can push your spreader at 5 MPH all day and spray at the same time????

3. wissel_landscaping

from ohio

yeah i know it has a high gear, something must have been wrong with it theres no way it was going 5mph before i had my lco i worked for TGCL so yeah i can push a spreader all day and you dont have to spread and spray at the sametime all the time. you dont spray at all this time of year in ohio.

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

you dont spray at all this time of year in ohio.[/QUOTE]

Really??? I do with some real good results the following spring. You just have to use the right herbicide for this time of year.

5. wissel_landscaping

from ohio

I could tell by your first reply you are just looking to argue, anyway i dont spray this time of year.

6. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Wissel, I would take a second look at the Permagreen Magnum. I bought one this spring. I have 340 hours. For small to large residentials, it is very fast. I always go in high gear. I can spray/spread an acre in 15-20 minutes. Although , I did redesigned the spray system. I cover 9-10 feet in a pass. The trim nozzles cover a little more than the width of the machine. I can go all day and never hand spray. Booms are a pain in tighter areas.

7. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you encountered any particular herbicides that cannot be sprayed with the PG? This would be due to the required gallons of water/M.

I know that some products are not intended for low volume applications.

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

get a magnum they rock
    i put out 1800lbs of lime on a sloping yard yesterday in a half hour
    i no i could not do that with a push spreader that fast

9. Rob Spread & Spray

Rob Spread & Spray LawnSite Member

The PG is much more of a time saver than walking whether your spraying or not. I have used mine from 5,000 sqft to 30 acres.

I would look at the Z SPray before buying the LESCO machine.

I will be test drving all of them at GIE next and let you guys know the results.

10. TOMMY1115

TOMMY1115 LawnSite Member

Trimec products can't be used (at least 992 anyway)
    I believe Speedzone cannot either.

I saw in another post somewhere that Momentum FX and Eliminate can be used