Permagreen Mixtures

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Tommy Boy, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy LawnSite Member

I purchased a Permagreen, so far so good! I have been using Pre-M granular with a Liquid Three-Way for broad leaf. Is anyone using a liquid Pre-M in the tank mix? Please tell me how this is working out. I was told by my local Lesco guy, the only thing I can run is Dimension based on the ultra fine dispersal of the liquid. His words were, you just can’t get enough material out to make a difference. I hope he’s wrong,

I like the spreader, by the Z-max is looking better in this area. I welcome your ideas and opinions. I’m just looking for another way other than granular. I am also looking for comments on Barricade (65 WG and 4FL) versus Lesco Pre-M products; maybe I need another liquid product. Thanks again for your comments.

2. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

My personal feeling about this, is, you don't get enough volume per M to apply any pre-emergents through these sprayers. I guess the Z's can be pumped up volume wise, but the PG's are at .25 GPM. That material is going to hang up in the canopy and unless you can control the irrigation, I feel you'll get compromised control. You could go over the area twice, but you slow production, and you'll still only get 1/2 GPM. Even hand spraying, I think 1.25-1.5 GPM is low end for these products, which must reach the soil to be effective. Post-emergents? No problem. Trugreen's wide apps. run at 2 gallons per acre (ultra-low-volume, spinners), and get good control, but that's a product you want up in the canopy. I'd stick with the granulars. Just out of curiosity, why are you wanting to go to liquid?

3. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't think that would be to cost effective IMO. Good Luck
    -Jay

4. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Same with insecticides. Not enough carrier to get the product down through the thatch layer.
    -Jay