permagreen or turf ex

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by stressed, Jan 25, 2013.

1. stressed

stressed LawnSite Member

Im buying a new ride on spreader sprayer this year ..my permagreen of the last 5 years has had it. The turf ex seems to be a good looking stout unit and ive heard the permagreen triumph is not all that great. Just need opinions on which to buy. Thanks

2. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

you might look at the z spray 36R or the ground logic...

3. master gardener

master gardener LawnSite Member
    from Mich

agree z spray 36R or ground lodgic

4. byHISgrace

byHISgrace LawnSite Member

Neither as stated above. Ground Logic is a superior machine and is what I bought. I went to GIE this year to check out all of the spreader-sprayers and the Pathfinder XC was the best for it's size. I wanted the LTRich Intermediate but the width was too wide for my uses, the 36R didn't have locking casters and the junior 36 bangs on your legs really bad going side slop on hills, an East TN specialty. Matt

5. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Permagreen Magnum I can sell you. PM me if you are interested in more information.

6. CSPM  LLC

CSPM LLC LawnSite Member

how much ^

7. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

The Turf Ex machine looks like it was made by playskool. It's junk and costs as much as a good ride on. Perma green, zspray, ground logic, turfco are all good machines. You are going to get a lot of loyalists each way. It depends on your needs and what you prefer.

8. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I run a T3000 i would buy another

It's a great mechine it's hauls on a rack / no boom / very productive / does great apps

I have never tryed a Turf EX but i did buy one of there spreaders [ a 300 ] not real happy with it. And i have only used it one time spreads like my SR 2000 anderson spreader. So i would test drive one first with some thing in the hopper

Or may be i am just spoiled with my T it spreads like a champ

I would test any one before you buy it

Charles Cue

9. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i agree with charles i would test drive before i bought anything...

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

You have to determine if you like articulating machines or zero turn capability. Myself, I would gravitate toward the Ground Logic for the ability to do smaller lawns than the larger Z type units. But maybe you are opposite of my thinking? Everyone has different needs.