permagreen question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

This is my first winter storing my permagreen. this morning i went out to just start it up and let it run a few minutes and noticed the tires were soft. no leaks. however the manual i got off their website ( don't have an original, was never given one) does not tell you how much air to put in the tires. whats the deal?

2. Shades of Green LService

:rolleyes: Guess i'll go by what the tire says

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Aren't the fronts liquid filled? Of course there's still room for air in a liquid filled tire... But I was told they were. cold weather certianly takes its toll on rubber tires and their ability to hold air. I'd go with what's on the tire, or 5 under.

4. Shades of Green LService

Yeah, there filled with antifreeze and water. Just wasn't sure about the recomended PSI.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

they are going to lose pressure throught the cold weather...they always do. the strange thing, is that they don't re-inflate themslves when the weather warms back up.

6. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

You might want to call PG to verify, but I believe the PSI is supposed to be 15 on all tires. It is not written anywhere in the manual that I can find.

Not necessary to add antifreeze, just add a few pounds of air. Probably a good idea to check your PSI once each month, as lower pressure affects your ground speed and application rate.

7. Shades of Green LService

Thnks for the info. much appreciated.

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

make sure the air stem it at the top of the tire or youll get a bath