Permagreen rack users

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ThreeWide, Feb 28, 2006.

1. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious regarding what type of vehicles you permagreen rack users have.

I'm thinking of getting this type of setup later this year, but am concerned about the F-250 being too weighted down in the back when the fertilizer is also in the bed. I'm not willing to pull a trailer on a daily basis.

Anyone with a similar setup?
  2. brizine

brizine LawnSite Member

2500hd chevy w/ fert, 300 gal tank, tool box and permagreen on back it rides just fine.
  3. amvega

amvega LawnSite Member

We use F-250 with a skid of fertilizer and permigreen has no problem. We try to push the fertilizer the whole way up to the front to balance the load.
  4. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Forgot to add that I already have a 100 gallon skid sprayer installed in the front of the truck bed. All of my fertilizer is carried in the rear half of the bed.
  5. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I use a 2500 chevy, and it does fine. I used a gmc w4 last year and it did great! I couldn't even tell there was any weight on the back.
  6. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I'm about to pick up a 2004 Ultra with the rack, but the maximum tongue weight on my hitch is listed at 500 lbs. The PG site says that a minimum of 600 is required.

Thoughts? Do I need a new hitch?
  7. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I bought one a few years ago, its nice not having to pull the trailer around all day. I since got a cap for the truck to keep all the fert dry. No problems with weight on my HD2500

8. somo1

somo1 LawnSite Member

Questions to you guys that have racks for your PG's. I have a magnum and was wondering how you fasten it down on the rack. My magnum has a hole in the front cross bar above the spray nozzles. I was want to build one out of aluminum and stainless steel.(I am a fabricator by nature). Does it use the hole or fasten down some other way?Thanks
  9. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Yes, I cracked the stock 500# on my 2004 Chev 2500hd.
  10. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, I'll get the new hitch on order today.