Permagreen triumph hopper

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bflower, Jul 7, 2011.

1. bflower

bflower LawnSite Member

Just curious if anyones has shelled out the extra bucks for a triumph with the centri one hole opening and if it has helped with pattern issues. I am looking at leaving my magnums for the new machine, however it is hard, i have enough spare parts to build another magnum and the triumph is a whole new animal. How many hours have you racked up on your triumphs and would you go back to the magnum if you could?

2. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

$ 200.00 upgrade through PG, well worth the money!

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Its easy. Cut a new hole the size you want.

4. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

I have 125 hrs on my triumph. I have the 3 hole setup. My pattern is sweet! You have to calibrate it with the pan method. The third hole is basically half way open. My pattern works with the pattern actually coming to the edge of my previous wheel marks. The back and forth method works the best for me. Its a good machine, you just have to have it calibrated for it to work.

Has anyone seen the spray only triumph?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. bflower

bflower LawnSite Member

PSU- is it safe to say u opted for the upgrade? we are moving more and more in the organic direction and wonder if this hopper would be preffered to spread dustier materials as well as lime applied at the higher rates.

6. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

spread pattern has been very good on my triumph (reg 3 hole hopper)
    and they changed to a lesco style agitator from a spyker type (which wore out or
    broke really quick) they also addressed a sloppy shut off plate on the early triumphs (mine)
    its now very tight and accurate

my only gripe with the hopper is a flat bottom shape to it- dosnt allow product to
    all flow out like most hoppers, with a fert combo products its the worst,
    regular ferts you need to refill with about 10 lbs of product left in the hopper

the organics are bit bulkier and less dense usually, perhaps a hopper extension would
    be helpfull--- for exapmle i can fit about 140 lbs of NP 6-2-4 in the triumph hopper

my old pg ultra with pg hopper extension fit about 160 lbs of NP 6-2-4

7. wrxscby

wrxscby LawnSite Member

I am having the same problem with my triumph and all the material not coming out. It is a real pain when you are using multiple products on different customers! Wondering if PG will think of something to fix this?

8. Miles4767

Miles4767 LawnSite Member

i have to agree, when i was putting down allectus and other combo products, the fert would get so caked up at the bottom of the hopper i would have pieces of dust caked up so it would block the holes and not spread at the right rate. which brings me to another problem, the calibration for the spreader on the triumph and the black calibration key have nothing in common. it would be nice if permagreen would address some of the issues with the triumph. But everyone i talk to has the same issues, but overall i cant complain about it since its my first rider and has made work a lot easier.

9. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

miles, do you have the updated agitator kit from pg? its free
    and it addresses several issues- check into it

also, can you explain
    " the calibration for the spreader on the triumph and the black calibration key have nothing in common"

im not sure they could fix the flow of the hopper without a new hopper design, an insert or baffle placed inside would cut down on capacity

10. Miles4767

Miles4767 LawnSite Member

yes, i do have the updated agitator, but i still run into problems with the hopper design and having material left just spinning in the hopper. and about the calibration, the numbers that are set on the permagreen are not even close to what the key calibrator are. just for calibrating 4 lbs/ 1000 would be about 15 on the black key, and according to the permagreen it is 25.. not 100% on the permagreen, but the are not even close. i have always made sure by using the key for spreading, and with my lesco push spreader i have never had a problem. but if i would go with the permagreen setting without double checking, i would apply way less product than what i should.