1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Permagreen Ultra problem - need advice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Jun 20, 2006.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

One of our 2004 Ultra has spray problems now (just started).

It sprays, but only when rev'd up to full throttle (if I slow down, the spray quits completely). The same time this ocurred, the electric start quit working altogether. I used to be able to just turn on the switch (without the unit started) and the pump would work. Not now.
    This unit has very low hours, and it's in excellent condition.

What's up? Thanks in advance. Please help.
  2. I suggest that you give the Permagreen people a call. There are some steps they can talk you through if there is an electrical problem with your machine.
  3. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Check your battery. It's under the hood. They have had problems with the battery jumper wires corroding. Also check the charging system to see if the battery is being charged. It's easy to do but you will need a voltmeter. Good luck! Scott
  4. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

That was my first thought, either the battery or the charging system. In either case, a call to the PG people would probably help. I had a technical issue a couple weeks back and they were very nice to work with.
  5. TOMMY1115

TOMMY1115 LawnSite Member

Your battery is in need of replacement or a charging. Not sure if you can charge it or not though.

The battery pack running the electric start and pump was one bad thing about the PG Ultra's. Anyway, charge or replace the battery and you should be ok.
  6. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Went thru this 2 weeks ago. Pat will take you thru it. It has to do with the voltage regulator going bad.
    MIne is pumping fine but the starter motor died and needs replaced.
    The fix takes 10-15 minutes.
  7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Thanks guys. I talked to Pat. He suggested that we need a new battery, and it's on it's way. Not sure about "charging system"?? We cleaned all wiring connections from corrosion, but made no difference.

Here's a tip >> spraying W-D 40 into the clutch periodically will help prevent having to "fight the gears". Once it gets too bad, then a new clutch (easy to replace) is neccessary.

Thanks again, American Lawn.
  8. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

MUst be the season.
    Either my hourmeter/tach went bad or the kill switch. I had to disconnect the kill wire at the coil to start the machine(by hand).
    Anybody know if there is aneutral switch inside the tranny?

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

should be a newtural switch on the top of the case with 2 wires on it