1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Permagreen Users

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by weed wacker 2, Apr 24, 2013.

1. weed wacker 2

weed wacker 2 LawnSite Member

I bought a used Permagreen Magnum the other day from a fellow competitor. I can t get the thing to climb a small hill or travel parallel with the hill without spinning. It seems like it's harder turning one direction than the other.

2. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

i hope you didnt pay much for it.... it sounds like trouble. i hope you get the kinks worked out and it doesnt cost you very much. how many hrs just out of curiosity?

3. weed wacker 2

It has 400 on it. A friend of mine had it. He wouldn't sell me junk. It feels like I'm fighting it the whole time though. I watched some videos on them and mine doesn't handle near as good as the ones shown in the videos.

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have one of those Smartsteer Mags?
    I run a Mag but it is not a smartsteer unit. I also get spinning of the uphill wheel when running sidehill. Nature of the beast. Shift your weight or walk behind the unit until the slope evens out. Let a little air out of the tires (speaking of which are yours fluidfilled?)

5. weed wacker 2

I'm not sure if its a smartsteer unit. The tires are fluid filled and also have low air pressure

6. weed wacker 2

It even spins alot when I jump off. I didn't even think the hill was a bad hill.

7. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Tires are spinning? Like peeling out?

Sounds like a tred issue to me. How about some new shoes?

8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I hope you get it straightened out. Perhaps one of the wheels is not actually turning--not actually driving--just going along for the ride. Smart Steer may be the heart of the problem, good comment DA.
    Jack it up and watch how the wheels spin. See what happens when you turn the handlebar. Make sure the brakes are not dragging. Check to see if the rear wheels turn easily--add grease to back wheel bearings. Also front. WD 40 or grease or lube everything that you can. Check oil level in transmission.

9. n-green

n-green LawnSite Senior Member

You can talk to a tech at PG 800-346-2001