Permagreen winter upgrades

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rlclawnguy, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Rlclawnguy

Rlclawnguy LawnSite Member

We have had pretty much all of the problems that everyone has had on here with our Ultra. The spraying was very weak, batter issues with it not staying charged and so on. What we decided to do is put a whole new wire harness in with the voltage regulator. I didn't want to hot wire because I think its important not to have the spray volume be effected by the RPM's. Also we upgraded out battery to a battery that is used for the emergency braking system on trailers. It is a perfect fit and everything works great! It actually starts right up with the auto start and pumps. We haven't used it in the field yet because we have a dusting of snow on the ground right now, but we will be out there next week. We are actually waiting on a Z-max to arrive so we can really get moving.

DSC02428.jpg

DSC02429.jpg

DSC02436.jpg

DSC02432.jpg

2. sclawndr

sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member

Don't want to sound harsh but can't believe you'd take that on a customers yard. It really looks bad. I know looks aren't everything but it's hard for me to ask a good price and then bring in equipment that looks like it's been thru Baghdad. Your Zspray will do you much better!

3. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

What voltage regulator did you use? I bypassed mine as per PG but idon't like the idea either.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Huh. That is interesting. Pretty cool, and it is an all sealed unit. Innovative, and a good idea.
    Also, lol, on the idea of the rough looking PG, I wouldn't sweat it. A little washing and brushing, and perhaps a little new paint on the wheels, it'll be as good as new! I thought painting my wheels John Deere yellow!

5. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Looks like some good info for people with the ultra's. I'm sure you made lots of $$ with the machine to get it looking like it does:laugh:

6. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

yah, i had mine sand blasted and painted them kubota orange (had some left over from the tractor,and they match the wheels on my andersons sr2000) and i painted the carrier john deere green.

7. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

I'll post my mods as soon as I can .
    1. welded bolts with threads up so covers could be removed faster with no tools , wingnuts etc .
    2. 5.00 plastic murray mower gas tank , still fits through a gate
    3. 25 coil hose and coarse droplet wand sprayer
    4. holder for above
    5. gel cel battery with more power
    6 ripped out the punny wiring and added wiring for a real man
    7. reengineered the starting system ,mine works
    8. will add fenders front and rear and hopper extender if i dont get a z spray
    9.will change front tires to good gripping tread .
    10 cut off auxzillary trans shaft and plated hole .

8. Lawn Tek

from u s a

Stainless bolts spot welded in , no wrenches required

DSC00159.jpg

9. Lawn Tek

from u s a

Spray wand and holder

DSC00160.jpg

10. Lawn Tek

from u s a

Here you can see extra gas tank ,with a tool box on top that contains , diaphrams, sparkplug , wrench , tips , screens etc . And you can see the plumbing

DSC00161.jpg