Permagreen winter upgrades

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rlclawnguy, Apr 6, 2007.

  1. Rlclawnguy

    Rlclawnguy LawnSite Member
    Posts: 111

    We have had pretty much all of the problems that everyone has had on here with our Ultra. The spraying was very weak, batter issues with it not staying charged and so on. What we decided to do is put a whole new wire harness in with the voltage regulator. I didn't want to hot wire because I think its important not to have the spray volume be effected by the RPM's. Also we upgraded out battery to a battery that is used for the emergency braking system on trailers. It is a perfect fit and everything works great! It actually starts right up with the auto start and pumps. We haven't used it in the field yet because we have a dusting of snow on the ground right now, but we will be out there next week. We are actually waiting on a Z-max to arrive so we can really get moving.

    DSC02428.jpg

    DSC02429.jpg

    DSC02436.jpg

    DSC02432.jpg
     
  2. sclawndr

    sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 326

    Don't want to sound harsh but can't believe you'd take that on a customers yard. It really looks bad. I know looks aren't everything but it's hard for me to ask a good price and then bring in equipment that looks like it's been thru Baghdad. Your Zspray will do you much better!
     
  3. philk17088

    philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 17,386

    What voltage regulator did you use? I bypassed mine as per PG but idon't like the idea either.
     
  4. Runner

    Runner LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 13,496

    Huh. That is interesting. Pretty cool, and it is an all sealed unit. Innovative, and a good idea.
    Also, lol, on the idea of the rough looking PG, I wouldn't sweat it. A little washing and brushing, and perhaps a little new paint on the wheels, it'll be as good as new! I thought painting my wheels John Deere yellow!
     
  5. indyturf

    indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy
    Posts: 1,877

    Looks like some good info for people with the ultra's. I'm sure you made lots of $$ with the machine to get it looking like it does:laugh:
     
  6. teeca

    teeca LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,202

    yah, i had mine sand blasted and painted them kubota orange (had some left over from the tractor,and they match the wheels on my andersons sr2000) and i painted the carrier john deere green.
     
  7. Lawn Tek

    Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a
    Posts: 457

    I'll post my mods as soon as I can .
    1. welded bolts with threads up so covers could be removed faster with no tools , wingnuts etc .
    2. 5.00 plastic murray mower gas tank , still fits through a gate
    3. 25 coil hose and coarse droplet wand sprayer
    4. holder for above
    5. gel cel battery with more power
    6 ripped out the punny wiring and added wiring for a real man
    7. reengineered the starting system ,mine works
    8. will add fenders front and rear and hopper extender if i dont get a z spray
    9.will change front tires to good gripping tread .
    10 cut off auxzillary trans shaft and plated hole .
     
  8. Lawn Tek

    Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a
    Posts: 457

    Stainless bolts spot welded in , no wrenches required

    DSC00159.jpg
     
  9. Lawn Tek

    Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a
    Posts: 457

    Spray wand and holder

    DSC00160.jpg
     
  10. Lawn Tek

    Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a
    Posts: 457

    Here you can see extra gas tank ,with a tool box on top that contains , diaphrams, sparkplug , wrench , tips , screens etc . And you can see the plumbing

    DSC00161.jpg
     

Share This Page