Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RGC, Sep 30, 2007.

1. RGC

RGC LawnSite Member

I'm kicking around the idea about getting licensing and starting to spray and fertilize next year. I've seen the Permagreen in the adds and I have sent away for the info packet. But until I get that I was wondering what a push behind unit cost. And how they work. I'm a little confused, does it come as a complete unit or do you add it to your own spreader. And any pros or cons to this type of unit.
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Add your own spreader. Tank holds 2 gallons. Pump is powered by a wheel that contacts spreader wheel. Your Lesco/JD dealer may demonstrate it in the warehouse with water. Cost about 450.

Also click the Gregson Clark Logo above--and view their version. Bigger tank--battery powered, 12 volt. Called "Spreader-Mate".
  3. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Do you have experience with either of these drop in units? Are they both reliable? I believe the Gregerson and Clark is about double the price of the Synergy.
  4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

No personal experience except 30 seconds when Lesco dealer demonstrated their unit with water.

Scroll down and read comments of last week. One guy found that the unit was heavy and hard to push when the 16 pounds of water was added. Hard to lift onto the truck also.
  5. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Permagreen is great 12 Gallon Tank, no boom

Rittenhouse sprayer tanks (8 Gallon or so) with 12v battery with boom (similar to Gregson-Clark) is great for the price. You need extra batteries.

Rittenhouse Tank Sprayer is used with motorized Lesco HPS spreader.

Push spreader will kill ya

Also you cannot spread fert and spray at the same time with Rittenhouse/Gregson Clark units.