Permagreen ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by stressed, May 2, 2008.

1. stressed

stressed LawnSite Member

can you put a surfactant in with you weed control in the permagreen spray tank and can you spray dimension out of it

2. bj22

bj22 LawnSite Member
    from ny

no surfactant. some guys i know have used dimension.i dont use anything but three way or red zone

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We've used LI-700 with no probs in our Ultras.

4. junior091273

junior091273 LawnSite Member

Never used it myself, three way or Momentum only here.

5. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

You can use a spreader sticker if you like at a very very low rate. But it will still gum up your nozzles and screens in the tank. I have used transfilm as a surfactant with similar results and no nozzle probs.

I have not used dimension. But we have sprayed acclaim with great results.

6. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Dimension ec works really good if you can still find some, since they liquadated it last year, 2ew is ok but a little to to thick and when you take a little break maybe between stops it will tend to cake up in the screens, I have also used Lifeguard/dimension packets but like I said b4 if you have to much time between stops it may do the same thing. Also Transfilm is an awesome sticker, I agree, when I have it left from the fall I use it up in the spring.

7. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I've sprayed Pre M and bensumec from my magnum w/ no screen problems. I also put a few squirts of Dish soap in as well for a sticker.

8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

If I have any sticker in my tank on my PG Ultra, I have problems with foaming. It is hard to fill the tank because foam comes out the top. Don't use too much.

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Depends on how you fill. Hose fill with any type of aeration will cause foam. Jug filling is much less agitating thus less foam. I use a bit of sticker when I remember. No screen clogging that I remember.

10. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've always used spreader-stickers in the PG's. The Magnum for me foams less than my Ultra did.

As far as Dimension, this is the 2nd year of spraying Dimension 2ew.

I only had problems with the screen and nozzles when I didn't shake the jug up before.

Now each time before I get a pint of Dimension, I make sure I shake the jug up real well. I've left mix sit in the Magnum overnight, and it doesn't settle, as long as I make sure the jug is shaken good before I pour the pint into the mix.