Permagreen?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Stripper, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Stripper

Stripper LawnSite Member
    from Ky.

I'm cosidering buying a Permagreen for my lawn business, and would like opinions to help form my decision.

I guess the first thing I'd like is feedback on the permagreen itself. Is there something better out there in the same price range?

I'm trying to justify the cost of a ride-on since I only have a couple of handfulls of spray jobs. I have a very good chance of picking up the spraying job from existing customers. Several of these customers I'm refering to have LARGE lawns. Is there a certain criteria I should go by? Right now I'm just using a Lesco broadcaster and a Lesco 200 gal. spray tank.

We're also discussing advertising in the yellow pages to try and grab market share? That topic is in the "Elements of Business" under "Yellow Pages".

I would appreciate any opinions you might have, and I'm always open to ideas!

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Look under "Pesticide and Fertilizing" forum. MUCH info there.

3. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

Can you pull all the lawns with your 200 gallon sprayer?? Stick with the tank and the push spreader. $5,000.00 dollars is a big investment for a permagreen. Wait until you establish a good client base to take that plunge.

4. Stripper

Stripper LawnSite Member
    from Ky.

DURAMAX99,

I HAVE NO PROBLEM GETTING BY WITH THE SETUP I HAVE NOW. BELIEVE ME, SHELLING OUT $5000 IS NOT MY IDEA OF FUN. I'M JUST NOT SETUP TO CARRY EXTRA WATER TANK. IF I GET SOME OF THESE BIGGER JOBS, I THINK I'M GOING TO BE IN A PINCH? I GUESS I HAVE TO GET THE JOB FIRST.

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I have ran one of those little perma green spreaders. A fun little machine. But again, would you have enough work to buy one.

This is why I sub all my spray/fert work to a friend. I don't have the time, equipment, or license needed. Plus I really don't want to do it in the first place.

6. Stripper

Stripper LawnSite Member
    from Ky.

ITSGOTOBEGREEN,

AS OF RIGHT NOW, I PERSONALLY DON'T THINK I HAVE ENOUGH BUSINESS TO JUSTIFY THE COST. I'M TRYING TO GET OTHER PEOPLES OPINION IN CASE I MIGHT NEED TO LOOK AT IT A DIFFERENT WAY? I'M ALMOST CERTAIN I'M GOING TO RUN A YELLOW PAGES AD TO DRUM UP BUSINESS.

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Well my friend who I sub my work to. Built his own, spreader/spray rig. (with lots of my help, I gave him the idea of building it and then how to build it.) Its home brewed, but it works great. Got an old ZTR sitting around?

8. Stripper

Stripper LawnSite Member
    from Ky.

No, but not to say there's one out there to be had for the right price. What did you come up with in your design, if you don't mind me asking?