permagreen08

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Hughfinfan, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Hughfinfan

Hughfinfan LawnSite Member

just purchased this machine has 12 gal tank need to know how much momentum to put in tank been getting several anwers fron 16oz to 64oz

2. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Every machine is a little different, we run anywhere from 55 oz on the hot days to as much as 70-75 ounces on the cooler days, with momentun you could easily get away with like 1.3 oz/1000, most companies in this area went to Eliminate Lo last fall and stayed with it this year, it's a really nice weed control designed for low vulume machines.

3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Look in the manual, there is a chart to determine how much by your ground speed, etc.. Look on the label ( always step#1 ) for amount per 1000 sq ft. I would guess 1.1-1.5 oz In my machine I put between 5 & 6 oz per gallon of three-way amine depending on severity of weeds and temps.

4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

welcome bro. to lawn site..they should have gave u a chart with the manual. dont mix it on the hot side this time of the yr. you will burn.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

First thing you do is take your machine, fill it with water, and go to someplace that has a nice sized parking lot - whether it be a school, behind a shopping center, or whatever. Designate an area, and spray out a gallon of water. Then, measure the area covered. Better if you spray out two gallons. watch your overlap, know right where you need to be (this will help you in learning how to use this, as well), and make sure your nozzles are set right at a perfect pattern. Now, after you do this, do it again. Whatever area you covered, divide it by the gallon, and you will know how many sq. ft. you are getting per gallon, which will then tell you how many per tank. Every machine is different! My Ultra SE is built to cover something like 34,000 sq. ft. per tank. I only get 32. The Magnum is rated at like 50,...my friends who has 3 of them, gets about 46 to 48, I believe. Anyway, it is IMPORTANT to know what YOUR machine gets,...before you can even accurately mix a tank.

6. Hughfinfan

hey runner thanks for the info was a little cocerned about mixture at first only mixed 16oz of momentum had to make adjustments and go back to my problem lawns a 2nd time

7. Hughfinfan

thanks psuturfgeek, appreciate the info. another question, i was going out to do third appl last thurs rain put a stop to that friday ground was to saturated to apply, now in the middle of heat wave, was going to go out early morning to try to knock out some of these lawns, whats your input on this or should i wait till weds when temps go back in the 80's the appl product is merit with fert(18-0-8) 40%

8. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

Anyday when it not Raining, too windy or applicator isn't hungover:drinkup: is a good day too apply. Challenge in our business is once we lose that hour of production, we never get that hour back. Temp generally not a concern for dry apps if I read your post right.