permithrin (Bug-B-Gon) kill lawn ??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by steck, Jul 16, 2008.

1. steck

steck LawnSite Member
    from ontario

i did recent spray of Bug B gon at the recommended application through tow behind sprayer - to get rid of nuicance lawn bugs...

i went on holidays and came back just 6 days later and my lawn was dead...dying..yellow and flat....couldnt figure it out.

neighbour said we got lots of rain ?

could my spraying of permitrin cause grass to die ??
  2. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

No, I'm unaware of permethrin sprayed at lable rate killing grass. What had been in that tank prior? Do you clean and flush the tank between uses?
  3. TforTexas

TforTexas LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds to me like that tow behind sprayer was formally your round up sprayer!
  4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Permithrin is one of the Least toxic to plants of any kind, of all the Insecticides. I don't think it did any damage. Your guess is as good or better than ours might be, because there are other factors not seen by us. Insect cause damage that takes days to show up and that might be the cause like a number of other things. But contamination by the sprayer sound very likely.
  5. steck

steck LawnSite Member
    from ontario

yeah, thought of that too !! :dizzy: and starting to believe that was the culprit :laugh:.....thanks all.