1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Personal Cooling System 3.0

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Ransomes, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Ransomes

Ransomes LawnSite Member

Have any of you guys ever used the personal cooling system sold at sharper image? if so was it worth it? i was thinking of getting one to keep me cool during the hot summer season while mowing, but ive never really tested one to know if it is effective or not
  2. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

buy it and if you dont like it return it. Anytime my brother returned somethign to them it was hassel free no quetions asked
  3. Full throttle lawn care

Full throttle lawn care LawnSite Member

Is it the one that goes around your neck? I had one but it gave me really bad headachs from the cold around my neck. I say there junk,go for the portable mister in stead.
  4. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Yes I have and they are 100 percents junk.I would go with the portable mister all day long.
  5. rocksrscott

rocksrscott LawnSite Member

Go to a large sporting goods store and check out their Under Armor Heat Gear or other Moisture Wicking (sp?) Shirts. That is all I will wear in shirts while mowing. :cool2: It will amaze you on how comfortable you are when the sweat is pulled off you and you are not just a wet rag in the sun. :dancing:

They are not cheep Under Armor goes for $19.99 and up. Other brand vary some more some less. I have used the Mira Cool Neck Wraps (ones you soak in cold water) in the past and they are OK but these shirts are better in the long run.

Good Luck Keeping Cool :drinkup:
  6. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the wicking shirts too with embroider they cost me $37 each and well worth it!
  7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I think the shirt being wet actually helps you stay cool, at least that works in Texas. We wet ourself down and keep wet cloth on our necks. We just went through 60 days of near 100F each day and fairly high humidity.