Personal Pace is fast!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BAMARED, Mar 31, 2003.

1. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Just bought the Toro 22" Personal Pace. Top travel speed is listed as 4.8 MPH which is plenty fast (about like a very fast walk.) Sure beats Honda's 2.5. I just hope that the Tecumseh eng. holds up but it's warranted for 3 years. Can't beat that.

Thanks,

BAMARED

2. Meier

Meier LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I have been using the Honda 21" commercial hydro. I don't like it. The blades are always getting bogged down. The engine runs fine, but the blade will easily get stuck if there is a bunch of stuff or the grass is too weedy, tall or wet.

I LOVE my Ferris 32" Hydro, though.

Later,
    DFW, TX

3. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Anyone else had good luck from their Personal Pace?

Thanks,

BAMARED

4. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought mine last spring and hasn't let me down. Mine is the $500 version. GTS was true to its name last week. It had been 3 months since I've cranked it up and it started on the first pull.

5. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Lawns and Mower,

What is different about my $359 version vs. your $500 version? Speed? I know that mine is labeled "Recycler." Is your's the "Super Recycler?" I wonder what's the difference in these?

Thanks again,

BAMARED

6. cjp55

cjp55 LawnSite Member

I have been really impressed with mine. I have had zero problems with the engine. I use it every weekend for about 4 hours at a time. After a fairly cold winter it cranked up on first pull. I purchased mine at Home Depot for around $349 I believe.

7. actionpike

actionpike LawnSite Member

My Personal Pace works great. It will take off sometimes if you are not paying attention when you are turning it. Other than that the lawnmower is great.

8. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a personal pace last year and brought it back within a week. The gears in those plastic wheels started stripping. So I bought a commercial Toro 22" for $1,000 with metal everything including wheels and wheel gears.

9. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

LSDLS,

Were you aware that Toro warranties the Personal Pace for 3 years against failure - gears included.? This is excluding abuse/neglect of course. They are evidentually running a promotion to where if you buy a mower between a certain date range, they warranty the mower 3 years instead of the usual 2 years.

Thanks,

BAMARED

10. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Here is a copy/paste except from Toro's website:

Purchase a new Recycler Mower from an authorized Toro Dealer or The Home Depot between March 6, 2003 and April 2, 2003 and get an extra year of FULL warranty coverage AND an additional year of the Guaranteed To Start (GTSĀ®)Engine Promise - FREE! Tomorrow is the last day.

Thanks,

BAMARED