1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Personal Tools?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PMLAWN, Aug 19, 2004.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

A few of my guys carry their own Leatherman or prunners but today a guy gets on the truck with his own hedge trimmers. He looks at me and askes "Me Use?" Without really thinking I sais "yeh sure". As I sit here I am thinking about if that was a good idea. Am I not thinking good or if he breaks it on my job do I owe him another. Input would be appreciated as the job is in the PM and I may tell him to use only our stuff. Thanks
  2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Why doesnt he want to use your stuff?
  3. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I carry 1 tool box full goodies along with 3 socket sets. You never know when your going to need them
  4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

No personal equipment from the employees. As you pointed out the trimmers might be on their deathbed and they give up the ghost at a clients site he is probably going to look to you to repair them. Just like safety equipment you should be providing all the tools they will need.

IMPACT LawnSite Member

Exactly as he said...What's next, them wanting to drive their own trucks,LOL??:D

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Yes I agree and I already called and shut that down. thanks for the replys.

Impact--just think of the money that I could make if they drove their own trucks. Would not have to file as a non profit any more. LOL