Personal Tools?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PMLAWN, Aug 19, 2004.

1. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

A few of my guys carry their own Leatherman or prunners but today a guy gets on the truck with his own hedge trimmers. He looks at me and askes "Me Use?" Without really thinking I sais "yeh sure". As I sit here I am thinking about if that was a good idea. Am I not thinking good or if he breaks it on my job do I owe him another. Input would be appreciated as the job is in the PM and I may tell him to use only our stuff. Thanks

2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Why doesnt he want to use your stuff?

3. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I carry 1 tool box full goodies along with 3 socket sets. You never know when your going to need them

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

No personal equipment from the employees. As you pointed out the trimmers might be on their deathbed and they give up the ghost at a clients site he is probably going to look to you to repair them. Just like safety equipment you should be providing all the tools they will need.

Gravely_Man

5. IMPACT

IMPACT LawnSite Member

Exactly as he said...What's next, them wanting to drive their own trucks,LOL??:D

6. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Yes I agree and I already called and shut that down. thanks for the replys.

Impact--just think of the money that I could make if they drove their own trucks. Would not have to file as a non profit any more. LOL