Personalized catch cans/cups

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Feb 10, 2013.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Not exactly what I was looking for, but this could be a substitute http://www.nrgideas.com/rg-107sc

Decent price when you order in large quantities. Under $1.00 for over 2500.

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

The throat area is necessary for determination of PR

PRnet = (Vcc,ave * 3.66) / (RTtest * Acc)

My comment on those rain gauges was more for collecting enough water in problem areas, which are often times near sprinklers, and with respect to sprinkler types (ex. stream rotors) that IMO need a catch with a bigger throat opening to audit accurately.

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i think those would work well enough, and are moderately priced imo. thanks for posting. would be a great gift to customers to help them learn how to water, and for us to use auditing. great find!

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know if they are going to be the best for professional auditing purposes. But for a homeowner I think they will work well.

5. grassman177

yeah, but think we will be getting a bunch, so iwouldn't fear losing them for the price, or breaking

6. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

2,500 would last me well into the next life...

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I have 1200 customers in my "current" list, meaning we have worked on their system in the last 3 years. I don't know how many homes we go to in a year, but we did over 800 blow outs last fall. So, somewhere between 900 and 1000 I assume. Let's say 1000. Of those, not all are "quality" customers, just one shot calls. So say 800. If we give 3 gauges to 400 of them, that is 1200 right there. I'm thinking of getting 1000 to start with and see how it goes.

8. grassman177

you have any recommendations for a low cost, pro grade audit kit? i see they have one on the site with these gauges. not sure those are the greatest, seen better, but for the price............

9. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

Mine is from the toolkit company.

Texas A&M has a kit.

Ewing now has a kit too.

10. HanktheCowdog

HanktheCowdog LawnSite Member

Here are some you might check out. Not sure about pricing. One of my supply houses hands these out. They have the supplier's custom logo printed on the side. It will catch up to two inches.

http://www.rndsigns.com/rain-gauges.html